The Past Comes to Life
Sukkot at Ramat Hanadiv
From archaeological remains to an ancient aqueduct, join us for a family adventure along the spring trail.
In the heart of the Nature Park at Ramat Hanadiv is the spring trail, which reveals a hidden spring that flows all year round. This is an enjoyable, easy circular trail that invites hikers on a journey back in time to 2000-year-old local agricultural sites.
So what’s waiting for you?
- Try your hand at an archaeological dig – participants will join an active archaeological dig; using suitable tools they will expose the next part of the aqueduct that leads from the spring to Shuni
- A guided tour among archaeological remains – Every hour, starting at 10:15, (11:15 onwards) and a last tour at 13:15, there will be a guided tour at the spring area. The tour is guided by an archaeologist from the Antiquities Authority and lasts about 40 minutes
- Impressive display of findings – findings that were revealed in digs from recent years in the region
- Actors along the trail – will surprise you, tell you stories and make you laugh in the spirit of the time
- Craft workshops and an activity in nature, guided by instructors from the Antiquities Authority: